A Trip to Policarpio St.

Finally, my husband took me to see the houses along Policarpio Street in Mandaluyong. Eversince I heard about the grandiose Christmas decors of the residents in Policarpio I am wanting to go there. I'm not into decorating our house with Christmas accessories,  I am that lazy. But I enjoy watching our neighbors when they showcase their newly installed Christmas lights. At least I have an eyeful while they took care of the electrical bills.

The walk along Policarpio Street is just short. Reminder: don't go there as early as 6pm. Due to our excitement we went there early. It was a ghost town! So, we went somewhere to eat first. We came back around 7:30pm and alas... there was light!

If you have a car, you have to park outside the gate since non-resident vehicles are not allowed inside starting at 7pm. So we parked our 2-wheeled vehicle outside the gate.


Houses near the gate are simply decorated. Actually, I only find 3 to 4 houses that fascinates me. All we did was took pictures, what else. I thought there would be tiange and food stalls. Anyways, here are what we find:
length of Policarpio St.

the house of Santa Claus

the most lighted house on the street (I wonder how much their electrical bill)

yes, those are shoes


this made my eyes hurt


very simply lit house

very colorful

more lights

more lights please!

Well, I am happy with my visit at Policarpio. But not that ecstatic. Maybe because I expect more. But it's nice to see people took time to visit the place and bring the spirit of Christmas alive even in the most simplest form such as taking pictures. 

some of the patrons of Policarpio St.






0 Responses

love to hear from you....